City Contemporary Dance Company CCDC Dance Centre is now launching a scholarship scheme, namely “Dance Research Scholarship (Distancing Learning & Research Residence) 2021”, to support 3 promising dance artists from Mainland China / Hong Kong / Macau to participate in [CP]3, an intensive distaqnce learning programme for the development of critical praxes in contemporary choreography and performance making organized by independent dance space Dance Nucleus (Singapore). Each scholarship will cover the followings:
- Full programme fee (SGD $1500) includes tuition fees, administration fee and cost of additional programme materials
- Research space (Hong Kong participants only): Rehearsal, meeting and Work-in-progress Showing venue (Detailed will be discussed with selected candidates)
Organized by independent dance space Dance Nucleus (Singapore), [CP]3 is a 4-month intensive distance learning programme for the development of critical praxes in contemporary choreography and performance making. 8 experienced mentors will host their modules from the different Asian and international milieux that they are based in, bringing a spectrum of perspectives and experience. The course will also support 1-to-1 mentoring to assist emerging artists in practical research and creation development. Selected artists must complete a workbook to meet the assessment requirement. The workbook is a compilation of notes, ideas, and reference materials that have collated over the programme.
- Artists from Mainland China / Hong Kong / Macau
- With at least one year of experiences in creations and practice-based research
- Must attend all the online modules and activities during 26 April to 14 August 2021
- Fluent in English
- Preference will be given to applicant who possesses professional knowledge and experience in dance
Interested individual should submit a complete application in English including:
- A completed application form
- Motivation for general artistic practice and for joining [CP]3 (max. one A4 page)
- Proposal for current artistic research and creation (max. one A4 page)
- Curriculum Vitae of education background and artistic experience (max. three A4 page)
- 2 Photographs: Artist Portrait & Image representing current artistic interest.
Completed application should be submitted on or before 31st January 2021 (Sunday) 23:59pm by email to email@example.com. Please mark “Application for Dance Research Scholarship (Distancing Learning & Research Residence) 2021 (Your Name)” on the email subject. CCDC will conduct interview with potential candidates. The selected applicants will be notified by individually around Mid-February. Under no circumstances will late applications be considered.
CCDC and/ or its designated assessment panel appointed by it will evaluate the applications based on the following criteria:
- commitment and vision of the applicant to the Asia dance development;
- applicant’s work experience and qualifications; and
- benefits of the programme to the applicant’s professional and artistic development.